1 February, 2020
Rocket French Review – Learning French Is Easy
As the world becomes increasingly connected, people of all backgrounds and languages are interacting like never before. Language barriers are a huge hindrance to increased global communication.
Thanks to the innovative Rocket French system, learning French language is more intuitive than ever. This program is specifically designed to transform English speakers into confident, knowledgeable French speakers.
Even though Rocket French has been around for a while, it’s full capabilities haven’t been fully discovered. It’s a course that anyone can commit themselves to and learn the language within no time. It has been designed in such a way that it offers a step by step technique for grasping French.
What is the Learning technique in Rocket French?
Rocket French uses quite different techniques than other courses:
- The first technique is called Rocket Record, it’s where you listen to French phrases talked by native speakers, and then you record yourself saying these phrases, so you can compare your accent and pronunciation, with the native speaker. It’s a very good technique, that by practice you will sound like a native.
- The second technique, is called Chunking, this technique cuts long phrases, into shorter ones, and put it in really interesting conversation, so you can digest the words easily, and learn at a faster phase.
What will you get in Rocket French?
There are actually two options to get Rocket french.
The first option is the instant online access to the course materials, with the ability to download whatever you want or stream it online. The second option is to get it in the form of CDs and shipped free to your house, plus of course the online access. The second option is definitely more expensive.
The following point is each item with a description of what you will get in the Rocket French course.
- 33 Audio Lessons (the meat of the course)
This is the main part of the course, you get 33 interactive audio lessons, where you begin the step by step in your learning progress. There are lots of phrases where you test yourself using the Rocket record to practice your pronunciation and learn new stuff in the same time.
Not only are the lessons about the French language only, but also there is a section called culture, where you get valuable insights of the French culture, so you don’t know only how to talk to French people, but how to treat them as well.
- Hear it Say it
This part of the course to put you hearing skills on the test. You get to here several French phrases, and then you are supposed to say it by yourself, without having any text to read from. You then compare yourself with the native speaker and rate yourself on how well did you do.
- Know it
Here is where most practice comes into place. In this section, you are given several English phrases, and you are supposed to translate it into French, plus recording yourself saying the phrase. You then compare yourself, with what the native speaker said, and of course rate yourself.
- Lifetime Access to The Rocket French Forum:
Of course, you will get stuck on the way somehow. This is why, you are given lifetime access to a forum full of instructors, and native speakers, to help you in anything along the way. It’s like having your own private instructor from your home.
- Fun Games:
The most common reason why people quit learning languages is that they get bored. There is a complete section in Rocket French with about 5 different language games, to break the learning boredom. This gives you the extra motivation you need, in order to keep it fun, and easy.
What you will get as Bonus?
- Rocket French Survival Kit: This Kit consists of 10 sessions of extra audio vocabulary, which can be bought directly from their site for about $50, but it will be given for free if you purchased the whole course.
- Rocket French Beginners MegaCard: It’s a memory card game, that helps you know an extra 150 important French phrases.
- Rocket French Advanced MegaCards: The same concept of the beginner MegaCard, but for the more advanced levels, with more words and phrases.
Does Rocket French really reduce learning time?
There a section in the course, where you can easily, track your overall progress in the course. But this is not only the interesting part, but it also gives you recommendations, of what types of courses you need to put it on your top priority first, according to your learning style and your needs. I find this option to be very unique, then other courses.
There is also a section, called Advanced learning techniques, where it gives you lots of advice and trick on how to optimize your learning process. Plus to make more motivating, there is a leader board, with all people who take the course and each given a badge, it’s like a rank.
You get a higher rank, when you complete more lessons, interact more and stuff like that. This way, people motivate each other.
- Rocket French is a very interactive course, with the Rocket record, to perfect your speaking skills.
- It gives valuable insights into French culture.
- Very Flexible course according to your learning style, but also very organized to reduce learning time.
- A very helpful forum, with lots of people to help you.
- Kills Boredom with fun Games, and leader boards.
- You can try for 6 days for free, and then you get 60 days money-back guarantee.
- This course is perfect for newbies and moderate levels, but no so useful for advanced ones.
- You pay extra to get Rocket French Premium level 2, but my advice doesn’t go for it, once you learned the basics really well you don’t have to purchase anything else. You can continue your learning from the internet for free.
I have absolutely no regrets about the decision I made to buy Rocket French. It is stimulating my mind, preparing me to travel, and making me a more interesting person.
Perhaps an old Czech proverb said it best: “You live a new life for every new language you speak. If you know only one language, you live only once.”